I continue to be inspired by Italian cooking. The more I explore the cuisine, the more I understand that by combining a small number of the right ingredients, deliciousness can be achieved by anyone. Quickly and easily. This recipe is a case in point. Enjoy this dish with friends and a drop of your favourite red, of course.
Takes: 20 minutes
300g dried pasta
1 bottle (600ml) of passata
4 cloves of garlic, finely diced or minced
1 tsp of chilli flakes
Salt and pepper
1. Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to the boil and cook the pasta until just before al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat some olive oil in a large frying pan or heavy based pot. Fry the garlic and chilli flakes until the garlic begins to colour.
3. Add the anchovies and cook for a minute or two then add the passata. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Transfer the pasta to the sauce using a slotted spoon and cook for a couple more minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste then serve with a generous amount of parmesan, freshly picked basil leaves, and a final drizzle of olive oil.